Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Parkour (Freerunning)

Alright my friends, I am going to try and explain to you what Parkour (Freerunning) really is. I am doing this because the people who I have tried to explain it to just don't understand it, they think it is just "jumping off shit like a crazy person," when it is actually a very deep rich activity. Parkour is the art of movement, true parkour is about moving from point a to point b and not seeing things in the way as obstacles.

FSPK, or freestyle parkour is parkour, but with complete freedom. You aren't just about getting from 1 place to another as efficiently as possible, your doing it with added flair and style. Me myself practice FSPK. FSPK is not about jumping off a high thing, or impressing people, or beating out your friends. FSPK is about becoming free from everything, and moving thoughout a landscape with flow. Flow is when a series of moves in a run string to gether like water, almost making you feel as if you are one with the enviroment you are moving though.

In FSPK there are 4 basic moves, the tic-tac, the roll, the vault, and the jump. With these, you can do almost anything. For videos and more information go to www.urbanfreeflow.com


2 comments:

Ant said...

Sounds refreshing.

(Not being sarcastic)

HOLMES said...

Hey Reyna-

Not teaching Spanish II this year-- all Spanish I. Yes, I've been on medical leave since the 3rd day of school. I'm scheduled to return October 10. Please come see me after that! How is Spanish III going?

Mrs. Holmes